2011/10/17

Noel Gallagher: 'I re-recorded Oasis song after Liam refused to sing it'


Noel Gallagher has revealed that two of the tracks on his debut solo album were recorded by Oasis twice.

Speaking in the video interview above, the singer admitted that the track '(I Wanna Live in a Dream in My) Record Machine' was attempted by his former band but wasn't included on any of their albums.

Gallagher said: "It was recorded for 'Don't Believe The Truth' but Liam either refused to sing it or couldn't sing it. I can't remember which one it was.

"Then we re-recorded it for 'Dig Out Your Soul' and it had a 100 piece choir on it. And for whatever reason - I think Liam had fucked off home to get married or something - (it wasn't finished)...It's a shame Liam never got round to singing it.

"It would have made 'Dig Out Your Soul' 10 percent better. I was determined to get it out there. It's been sitting around for 10 years! It's the most Oasis sounding thing on the record, because it was written for Oasis."

In the second part of the interview which can be seen below, Gallagher adds that a similar thing happened with album closer 'Stop The Clocks'

No comments: