2010/08/19

Not so bored with the USA! (Thanx a lot to Scott)

Paul Weller

Paul Weller hopes he can one day have a hit in the US, one of the few countries where success has always eluded him.

(BANG) -

Paul Weller wants to have a hit single in the US.

Despite his huge success in Europe, the singer and guitarist -affectionately known as The Modfather in his native UK, where he spearheaded the Mod revival movement of the 70s and 80s - is yet to score a big hit stateside.

Paul, 51, told Spin magazine: "I've been waiting 30 years. When I first went out to the US in 1977, the record company said, 'you won't make it in America unless you tour there for a year.' But there was no way I could leave my home for that long.

"You get from America what you put into it and I just didn't want it badly enough."

The 'Wake Up The Nation' singer has said although he wasn't prepared to take the time to break the US, he has always put everything he has into his career, and sacrificed personal relationships for the sake of his career.

He said: "Right from the start with music, I was like, I'm just going to do this and I don't care about anything else.

"There are certain things you have to give up, even at 13, 14: your Friday and Saturday nights, having a regular girl, lots of things like that."

(C) BANG Media International

No comments: